Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

disruption

I arrived back in Wisconsin last night..... soooooooooo cold!!!!! haha. Thank God for amazingly yummy coffee that keeps me awake and keeps me warm!


If you follow my blog you know that I had a bit of a rant/breakdown several weeks back during a trek on mount elgon (look at my october post).... It is no secret that, although I love my time in africa, there are certain modern conveniences that I really enjoy. [aka. plumbing] Well I'm sure God was laughing as I fussed during that trip, knowing that my next adventure would involve living in a rural village without running water.... = no shower, no flush toilet...

I have known about a medical opportunity (directing a medical clinic in a rural village) for about a month and have watched God close pretty much every other option I have pursued. I was not quite so happy with the living conditions though and pathetically used that as a major catch point with this position. 'God, you know that my one prayer request was to have toilets that flush wherever you send me!'..... ha! Anyway, I knew I needed to finalize the decision about where I was going to land this week and spent the flight home wrestling God over all of this.... Yesterday, my first day back, at church God hit me over the head with his word and gave me confirmation. :)  There were phrases used such as, 'if you want more of God it's going to be disruptive' .... Or how we are to 'want God's will in our lives more than we want our will in our lives'. How petty of me to not do something because I don't want to shower from a bottle or use a pit toilet! God needs to be enough.... Instead of dreading the pit, I am working on renewing my mind through the Lord. How incredible it is that he has chosen me and opened doors for me to minister to his people in a poor village in the middle of africa.  It's an honor. I need to see it that way. He thinks I can do it. So, I'm gonna use the next few weeks to bask in the presence of the Lord (and warm showers) relying on him to prepare me for the challenges that will come the next 6ish months. So there you go. haha.    God is funny. I bet he was laughing on elgon..... like 'if you only knew what I have in store!! lol' oh dear.... ha

No comments:

Post a Comment