Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

home

I was given a special treat last week-- a trip to the US for a few days!! A friend of mine works with the Children's Heart program through Samaritan's Purse and they sometimes need medical people to help transport children to and from the US for live-saving heart surgeries. They happened to need someone last week so I got a nearly free trip home! It was a gift to see the family for a few days and revel in US luxuries (microwaves, hot water, clean-ness, etc :) We really are soooo blessed!!


Because I'm a big fan of jet-lag, culture shock and drastic temperature changes, I will be leaving friday to go back to wisconsin for a short, planned trip to work on wedding stuff (until mid-december-ish). This back-and-forth-ness the past few weeks has been fun, but exhausting and spiritually/emotionally stretching. God is faithful though and I am learning a ton through it all.

The question I have been wrestling with as of late is 'what is home?'. I have moved around so many times in my life and have been literally living out of a suitcase for the past year and a half. I call so many places home. I generally enjoy the adventure, but there are times when I want nothing more than to have a place of my own. As I was running this morning I found myself talking/venting to the Lord about this and came to this realization: 1. the earth is not my/our home. (a pleasant thought since I often feel nomadic here). 2. God is enough-- for real. He is my stability in the land of perpetual suitcases and will continue to be throughout my life. 3. I'm not the first one to live out of a suitcase (the apostles were called to do this as they preached!!) haha yay!! 4. our objective in this life is to proclaim Christ, not to necessarily be comfortable or 'stable'

Most people are not called to the chaos that my life may appear to be. I have not written this seeking praise or pity. The lesson I challenge you with is one that God gave me several years ago and has once again impressed upon my heart-- to be obedient to Him (whatever. whenever. wherever) and to bloom where he plants us for however long we are there. Our mission is to be faithful, while giving thanks since we cannot do ANY of this without him. To Him be the glory!

1 Timothy 1:12

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he has considered me faithful, appointing me to his service.

1 comment: