Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

flexibility

The renewed objective: to live with open hands. Nothing is really ours. We think it is, but it's not.  Places. Things. People. Positions. They are all simply on loan from God. We are to respect and value them, but not make them our god or security.

I enjoy being in control, but God has been allowing a bit of chaos to remind me that He and He alone needs to be my stability and security. I place too much stock in things here on earth. (that is what you get when you ask God to do things like 'humble me' and 'make me more like you'). It seems certain prayers he is never slow to answer!! haha

Changes are on the horizon once again and I am trying my best to ride with the waves. It is definitely character development that is for sure :) In it all, God is fabulously present and I am so thankful that he knows what life looks like when i'm clueless!!

In other news: daniel and I were able to witness first hand the beauty of the Lord in Tanzania the past few weeks. It fittingly corresponded with our Bible reading in the beginning of genesis. We serve an AMAZING God!



No comments:

Post a Comment