Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

bonking

bonking is such a funny word..... in a running context it is synonymous with 'hitting the wall.' It is the point where you reach your physical limit and cannot go on any further. While going for a fairly typical morning run I pseudo-bonked....... wayyyyy sooner than I would like to admit. dumb.

As I was slowed to a walk (feeling incredibly lame haha), I was gently reminded of the spiritual parallels. When one bonks they have reached the end of themselves. They need assistance. They need to replenish their energy stores through food and fluids. There are times in our spiritual lives that God allows us to hit the wall so that we realize that we cannot do it on our own; that we need him. We need him to sustain us through his sweet word and time at his feet. It's humbling, but ever so good. May I respond more graciously to the spiritual trials than I did to my physical crash today :)





No comments:

Post a Comment