Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

anticipation

I am good at being busy, really busy. I rarely hold still and this weekend I realized why. When I am still I realize that I'm alone. The ache for my other half becomes very palpable. This being apart from a fiancé for months at a time thing is horrible.... In my sadness, I was reminded that I have a lover who is always with me. His name is Jesus. So cliche but really so true. Something we take for granted and at the same time avoid. Who needs God when we have smartphones and facebook and to-do lists? As we look toward this easter week, it should be one filled with anticipation. Filled with desire and longing for Christ. He came, died a horrid, brutal death in our place out of crazy love for us. How often we fill his place with people and things. They can all be good, but need to remain in their rightful place behind the one who is best.

In a random moment, I decided to make a paper countdown chain for the wedding... Yes, I have the crafting tendencies of a 5yr old.... As I was gluing loops together, I was reminded that as much as I want to be with Daniel, I need to want to be with Christ more. I should be counting down the time when I get to date Him again. I should be eagerly longing for an anticipating my Jesus time. Man, I have ever so much to learn.....



"my soul yearns, even faints for the courts of the Lord, my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God." - Psalm 84:2

No comments:

Post a Comment